NOTE: Our membership is full. There's a waiting list for new memberships, and openings are dependent on current members leaving. As of 1/4/2017, our best guess on getting in if you're new to the waitlist is April to July 2017. Contact us to get on the waiting list.
Looking for a place to work on your pottery/ceramics 24/7? Have it fired for you at a reasonable fee? Of fire it yourself in our electric or gas kilns? Even learn to fire it yourself with free training?
The Potters' Studio in Berkeley is the place, just off the freeway (Gilman Street exit). We offer an amazing opportunity for potters to do their own work using our equipment, tools, materials and facilities.
$150 a month (+ a $150 refundable security deposit) gets you:
- 24/7 access via a keycard (after a one-month trial period)
- A storage cubby for clay and tools
- Access to storage racks for in-process work
- Training (if desired) in how to make glazes
- Training (if desired) in loading and firing electric and gas kilns
- The possiblity of selling work in our gallery
- (Firing fees and and clay are extra)
Equipment and facilities:
- 28 potter's wheels (including a kick wheel)
- Big Bailey slab roller
- 8 electric kilns
- 6 gas kilns, including soda and raku
- Glaze mixing equipment
- Spray booth
- Big work tables
- Storage space for clay, tools, and in-progress work
- Easy parking
- 10 kinds of high-fire clay (discounted pricing for members)
- 18 high-fire glazes
- Glaze materials (nearly everything imaginable)
It's really an amazing opportunity and a great supportive community with knowledge and advice freely exchanged .
Stop by for a visit and we'll show you around.